Tuesday's walk resulted in a complete absence of butterflies – the first time for us. We therefore decided to go for a second walk on Thursday as the weather forecast looked more positive. A large dark cloud was heading our way as we set out across Section 1 and we sheltered under the trees at the start of Section 2 until the 10-minute rain shower passed. We then had increasing amounts of sun as the morning passed but it took some time before the temperature started to rise.
Note: In Hither Field (Section 1) our barely established Kidney Vetch plants are under threat once again from the newly arrived cattle.
Survey by Brian G and Graham H, submitted to Butterfly Conservation (UKBMS). Post by Brian G.